Saturday, October 06, 2007

What Was He Thinking?!

"I mean, knowing us so well, was it wise, really, to entrust so much hope in the ongoing reconciliation of the world to us? Does God really believe that in the hands of the small and weak, small and weak things can be healed? Are we made of the right stuff to be a helpful partner to Jesus in this holy work?" (Kayla McClurg)

Sometimes I forget...

"God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." (I Cor.1:27)

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (II Cor.12:9)

6 comments:

Barb said...

I was just about to link to this post too. It was amazing this morning.

Tyler said...

Good word.

Anonymous said...

Funny, Jason Gray (singer and on tour with DownHere) just used the exact scripture and similar thoughts just last night. You can see some of his comments about himself on his myspace.

Linda said...

Barb,
I always look forward to whatever I find in my blogreader from inward/outward.

Tyler,
Yes it was.

inheritor,
Yes, a good reminder that it is His life at work in us and through us.

Heather said...

My blog post from this morning

Thanks, Grace, I knew one of my bloggy friends would have an answer for me. This is it. One sentence.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Mike Todd said...

Sometimes in my crazier moments I wonder if it's really more about Jesus helping us with our holy work.